Toy Animal Sewing Patterns Page Updated June 2020 ::
This fun article is for critters to make from fabric or felt. With friends who have little babies, I have been looking into ‘sewing for baby’ – ideas. One of the things on my list is to design some quilted toy animals. To get my creative juices going, I have been scouring around at what’s out there already that is really awesome. So here are my top 9 Sewing and Quilting Patterns for Amazing Toy Animals.
Soft Toy Patterns Update – June 10 2020
The toy animal sewing patterns, that I have shown previously, are no longer on the Bluprint website for sales. I am creating new patterns for you. So stay tuned and check back frequently, as I will progressively update this post with the most adorable new creatures to sew!
1. New Rhino Plush Toy Sewing Pattern
It’s here, the new Rhinoceros Stuffed Animal Sewing Pattern. Cuter-than-cute!!
I feel I just obtained a Phd in pattern-design while making this rhino. Now armed with all this pattern making knowledge, the other animals should be really easy to design for you.
2. Plush Whale Stuffed Animal Pattern
Plush Whale Toy Sewing Pattern
TIP: I saw this complementary sound box for the baby room which I thought was a great baby shower gift to match your home made plush toy. — Just a thought…
3. Toy Giraffe Quilting Pattern
A replacement animal sewing pattern for a super cute giraffe like this is next on my list!
Giraffe Plush Toy Sewing Pattern
4. Flamingo Stuffed Animal Pattern
5. Spider Plush Pattern (free)
Nak machine – Bug Plush Toy Sewing Pattern
6. Fox Plush Pattern and Tutorial
Fox Plush Toy Sewing Pattern (Chebeto)
7. Quilted Toy Snake Pattern
Snake Scrap Toy Sewing Pattern
8. Quilted Toy Snail Sewing Pattern
9. Plush toy pattern Chameleon Soft Toy PDF
Please give me a couple of weeks and you will find these patterns here again, even cuter and easier than ever!
Here is the first new pattern (June 2020):
Scott Dog Plush Toy Free Sewing Pattern
Pattern free download: Scottie Toy Dog Free Sewing Pattern
Filling for your Toy Animal Sewing Pattern
You all know I am a great fan of recycling, reusing, upcycling and not creating any waste or extra plastics on the planet. So, a couple of things on that for these toy animal sewing patterns:
- Toys can often be made from remnants. I did for the pink rhino. So, be sure to go through your fabric stash before buying new fabric, yarn, embroidery floss. You probably have all you need already at home.
- The ‘serious’ stuffed toy makers use ‘proper’ filling for the stuffing. I personally stuffed mine with organic ‘waste’ fleece that I took off the fences where sheep graze, on my walks through the fields. Wool is excellent stuff for stuffing into little spaces and makes for a natural, very soft toy.
- I realise that not everyone lives near sheep like I do. So, the next best thing for you is to consider buying organic raw fleece, which is a cheaper than poly fill and way better for the environment. And wool lasts for centuries! Thus, so will your creations!
So, get this:
At the time of this writing, it’s $9.95 for a whole pound!
(Originally posted Feb 2015)