Handmade Festival Barcelona
This weekend, the III edition of the Handmade Barcelona festival is held in The Exhibition Halls on Plaça d’Espanya in Barcelona. It’s a celebration of handmade crafts, DIYs and the pursuit of sheer creativity for the home, babies, gardens and weddings.
The fair makes for a perfect family outing: the entry fee is reasonable (€10/adult) and there is something for everyone. There are workshops for different sections and types or arts and crafts. Fair sections included:
• DIY Home decorating supplies but also power tools
• Gardening ideas and outdoor furniture
• Wool, yarn, knitting and Crochet
• Jewellery making supplies
• Photo transfer and printing
• Stamping & scrapbooking
• Weaving, and more.
Fun Fair Gifts for Crafty People
300 Creative Experiences at the Fair
There are about 300 activities and experiences at the fair, and we enjoyed everything we made time for:
• A private knitting class – we’ll post a separate article mid-week to share with you how to knit this special knitting stitch. Over the weekend, head over to stand to get the yarn to knit this with us on the blog’.
• Nutella crepes – they were delicious!
• Lovely Yogi tea – we found some flavours we had never tried before.
• Pretty Box making class – turns out that covering them with fabric is gorgeous and easy.
• Learn to make stunning felt vessels – Oh I love these. Look, what you need is little toy balls to help shape your vessels. Yes!! That’s the secret. Well, part of the secret. Join the workshop and you will learn all, and take your very own vessels home after the class.
• Image transfers onto lamps. The demo was self-explanatory. We were too late for a class, but you can join in if you sign up early enough.
DIY Lamps with Image Transfers
Recycled Coffee Captule Lamp Garlands
And that’s just for planned, organized matters at the Barcelona craft fair. Another fun thing to do is to just walk around – meet new people with your same interests. It is a great way to make friends – if you went alone, you’ll have someone to walk around with. And what best way to chat and making free crafty friends then with a cup of Yogi tea and some fresh yoghurt and crepes to eat!
Delicious Free Yoghurt!
Location & opening time
At the fair grounds at Pyaza d’Espanya in Barcelona. You can’t miss it: gigantic banners there.
(Recinto Montjuïc; Palacio 2 y Pl. Univers)
Open Friday/Saturday/Sunday from 10 am to 8 pm + Saturday night craft night.