With Covid-19, who needs anything more than a headpiece for Halloween. We should not really party in person, nor go door to door to get some treats. But we could have video calls with friends and nonetheless have a grand time. So, to spruce up your Zoom calls, here’s a DIY halloween spider headpiece, with web, for you to make in less than an hour.
DIY halloween spider headpiece
It looks quite elegant on, is whimsical, age appropriate for many ages. What’s not to love?!
photo credit : El hade de papel
How to make this Spider web costume accessory is quite simple.
Craft Supplies to make your DIY halloween spider headpiece
The craft supplies for this Halloween costume crafts project: craft or jewelry wire, jewelry pliers, white or grey yarn, a foam ball with a bit of black paint, a large black bead and 2 white seed beads, and 2 long jewelry pins.
Step-by-Step Tutorial Instructions
- Measure the desired diameter of your web and add 1/2 and inch for the curls on either side.
- Cut this desired length 3 times, and curl all the ends a bit, for prettiness and safety.
- Starting at the center, work either with the yarn or with a lighter, highly ply-able wire around each spoke of the web, making a loop around each spoke, and keeping the distance between the spokes even. Go around in spiral manner till your web is complete. Tip: check the web halfway to see how it would look on. Make adjustments as needed.
- Bend the web slightly to make it hug more around your head.
- Attach it to a neutral colored hairband.
Halloween Central is my site’s overview of 101 Halloween costumes, with patterns, where to buy & matching ideas; as well as home decorating ideas, snacks, treats and tricks. For a fun Halloween.