Some people just do things very well. Miriam & Daniel, i.e. the couple who are the proud owners of this stairs make-over, did things* very well, and the results is a luxury stair case, that’s a jewel in their home.
(*Even their tutorial is done very well, and concludes with a list of tips befitting all home renovators, including tips to transform your stairs into an oak staircase. )
BEFORE – DIY Stairs
Definitely Undesirable Stairs
* Old worn OSB treads to be ripped out.
* Old OSB risers to be covered.
AFTER – DIY Stairs
An amazing transformation to designer stairs! This staircase belongs to a luxury home.
Features of the Staircase Transformation
* Choose MFD pre-fabricated stair treads with rounded edge
* Treads received 3 coats of a very dark chocolate brown paint
* Each tread was measured and cut length of each tread to size with a table saw
* Glued each thread in position, with ‘Hard as nails’-glue, and screws were added & masked
* Next came the bead board, glued and nailed onto the old risers.
* Recommended to now add the trim on either side at this stage.
* Extra paint & chaulking finished this project off to a PRO result.
Tutorial Source & DIY Stairs Tips: Prudent Projects
tags: building stairs, stair parts, stair threads