Can you believe that this gorgeous Sparkling Star is a DIY Christmas Tree Topper?! Well, it is. Learn from our wonderful home decorating expert Tammy Henderson just how to make this quick, in no time, with just a few dollar store supplies and a hot glue gun.
Hello everyone, Tammy here from One More Time Events back to share another quick and easy project. Can you believe Christmas is already upon us.
I am pretty sure you all have already decorated your Christmas tree. But if you are looking to replace your tree topper, or maybe for next year. I thought I would share with you how I created and took a gold dollar store tree topper and turn it into a one of a kind beautiful elegant silver tree topper in a matter of minutes.
You may want to pin this one for next year if you are looking to change your Christmas tree topper…. Seriously, this takes less than 15 minutes to make…that being with drying time.
DIY Christmas Tree Topper Supplies
- Here are the supplies you will need for your DIY Christmas Tree Topper:
- 1 Star Tree Topper (found at Dollar store)
- 1 silver Christmas sprig
- 1 can of Sliver glitter paint
- 1 silver circle Christmas ornament
- Hot glue and glue gun
Step-by-step How to DIY Christmas Tree Topper
Here the sparkling star is already spray painted silver (it was gold) I sprayed the star with silver glitter spray paint, while that was drying, I took the sprig of silver and started pulling it apart and gathered it up in small bunches.
Once the star was dry using a hot glue I placed the sprigs around the star and hot glue them in place.
The round ornament was embellish on both sides. Not wanting to waste the faux crystals which were on both sides of the circle Christmas ornament, I removed them from the back side of the ornament.
I then embellished the front of the star at the points of the Christmas Star. Once that was done I took the ornament and centered it on top and hot glued it in place.
My Sparkling Star DIY Christmas Tree Topper in Place
I just love how it turned out and how sit on top in a pile of faux snow on my Christmas tree. If you would like to see more on how I applied the faux snow and the rest of my tree decorated with handcrafted ornaments, I would love for you to stop by One More Time Events I would love to show you around my home and how I decorated it this year.
I would like to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and thank all of you and Rose, for letting me share here a Fine Craft Guild in 2014.
xo One More Time Events
Tammy enjoys the challenge of reinventing her décor. She’s great at figuring out how to make something out of ‘nothing’. To her, ‘left-overs’ have a purpose. She has an urge to recycle |reuse | revamp | redecorate | remodel. And she does so, creatively, beautifully and naturally. Her works shows her love for decorating.
Tammy is the living proof that decoration with what you have | recycled materials, plus maybe a small budget for craft supplies, can create beautiful results. When you walk through her house and her garden, as displayed in her blog, you see a tastefully decorated place that has personality and a sense of home.
Tammy used to own a retail scrapbooking business and her blog is that ‘One More Time’ love affair with the creative world. While her emphasis at ‘One More Time’ blog is on decorating, at the Fine Craft Guild, she shares her how-to’s and gives us more than a little peak on how things are put together. And yes, all of these beautiful photos above are all hers!
Visit Tammy’s blog, https://www.onemoretimeevents.com, for more decorating ideas and projects.
Glamour DIY Home Decorating Vignettes – series
Become a Home Decorating Pro w Tammy Henderson.
Tammy shares a weekly post with us that’s filled with her helpful home decorating tips, beautiful crafts (with recyclables), and simple DIY projects that are enchanting. This article is part of her series of DIY VIGNETTES and how-to’s create great seasonal home decorations on a small budget. Here are some of her other fantastic DIY HOME DECOR articles:
- DIY Fall Deocrations: Quick Cork Wreath
- Faux Finish Rust Effect DIY
- Fall Decorations w Silver and Mercury Glass
- Porch Decorations with Fall Flowers, Recycled Wooden Pallets and Pumpkins
- Easy Fall Centerpiece in Pastels
- DIY Natural Arrangement in Greens
- DIY vignette recycled bottle candle holder
- How to Personalize Back to School Supplies
- How to Hang a Floating Shelf
- DIY Glamour Pineapple Centerpiece (made with Pineapple Scraps & Hydrangeas)
- Stunning Budget Wedding Table Centerpiece
- DIY Summer Vignette w/ Recycled Lemonade Bottles
- DIY Beach Décor Ideas w Fishing Net
- DIY Seashell Centerpieces
- 4th of July Table Centerpiece w/ Recycled Glass
- DIY Natural Table Centerpieces with Hurricanes
- DIY Golf Themed Table Centerpiece
- How to Create a Splendid Spring Vignette with Glass
- How to Make Marbled Eggs Easter Decorations