No doubt after a year of cocooning, you’re ready for something new to make. How about treating yourself to some beautiful crochet pattern books? Crochet lovers, here are 11 crochet books to get inspired, improve your crochet skills, make some interesting project as gifts or to spruce up your home and wardrobe.
Beautiful Crochet Pattern Books
Blueprint Crochet Sweaters
- Do you know designer Robyn Chachula? Believe it or not but Robyn started her career as structural engineer. For years, she has been applying her unique skill to break down complicated designs into manageable steps. Her writings teach us how to make garments fit with small design modifications. And, no worries, she makes it easy for us. Her book is called Blueprint Crochet Sweaters: Techniques for Custom Construction is not-to-be-missed. Look forward to well-fitting, and thus FLATTERING handmade fashion.
The New Tunisian Crochet Book
- Tunisian crochet has been quite hip for a while now. But if you haven’t tried it yet, consider Dora Ohrenstein’s book: The New Tunisian Crochet: Contemporary Designs from Time-Honored Traditions. Dora is quite ‘noteworthy’ on the crochet scene. This is 5th crochet book, and all her books are getting 4-5 star ratings. This book too will be worthwhile.
Go Wild with Crochet
- Crochet Animal Slippers has 60 fun and easy patterns. Great for kids.
4. Crochet One-Skein Wonders
Sometimes I just buy one skein of a new yarn to test the yarn. And when making projects, many times I have one or tw skeins left over. Happens to you? If that’s the case than you’ll love this book Crochet One-Skein Wonders: 101 Projects from Crocheters around the World. This crochet book is written by well-known author Edie Eckman and veteran crochet editor Judith Durant. Eckman is author of the bestselling books ‘Around the Corner Crochet Motifs’ and ‘Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs’, as well as ‘The Crochet Answer Book’. Judith is Founding Editor of Interweave.
5. Lacework for Adventurous Crocheters
And this beautiful crochet pattern book by Margaret Hubert has the longest title ever: Lacework for Adventurous Crocheters: Master Traditional, Irish, Freeform, and Bruges Lace Crochet through Easy Step-by-Step Instructions and Fun Projects!
Nonetheless, it has very good ratings, and is worth a look.
6. The Finer Edge: Crocheted Trims, Motifs & Borders
And this is Kristin Omdahl’s book: The Finer Edge: Crocheted Trims, Motifs & Borders. My whole house is being decked out with different crochet edges these days (yes, I am exaggerating) but my ‘well’ of different edge designs has been drying out — they all are starting to look a bit the same. I like that you can browse into this book for ideas and so you know what you’ll get when you buy.
Even just looking at the cover: how about that splendid crochet edging, third from the left? It looks fabulous enough to buy the whole book for. And in the book, I love the idea of mermaid scales! Beautiful.
This is Kristin’s 6th book on knitting and crochet. She’s a public crochet & knitting expert on TV as well as in print.
6. Simple Crocheting
Simple Crocheting / Crochet Workshop: Learn How to Crochet with 20 Inspiring Projects
A very pretty’ coffee table’ book, by Erika Knight. It’s filled with charted crochet patterns for darling projects for beginning crocheters who right away want to make stylish projects! Just looking at the book will make you want to go look for your hooks! The stunning photography paired with Erika’s design talent makes for a beautiful book with gorgeous, trendy projects. (Particularly if you can get your hands on the republished UK version of it).
7. Connect Motifs
Bored with that one granny square that you know by heart. No problem. This book will get your ‘crochet repertoire’ up to add at least 101 new designs, which, when mixed and matched will allow you to make a dazzling array of totally new design ideas
8. More Squares
Wanna learn a bunch of different Granny Squares? Well, have a look at the mighty…
9. Crochet For Kids
Some really fun projects in this crochet pattern books. The baby shoes with stars are just one of over 24 clever crochet patterns for kids. What’s nice about this book is that there is a Kindle version of it, so you can take your book along more easily.
10. Projects to Crochet with Fancy Yarn
Crochet Noro: 30 Dazzling Designs (Knit Noro Collection) was ahead of its time when it first came out. Noro yarn has these dazzling, beautiful colors and color ranges that are fabulous for crochet.
Be inspired and enjoy!
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Peruse my knitting & crochet patterns instead…. ;-)