It’s hard to get into Halloween, with the sun beaming here in Italy like it’s mid-summer. But dates don’t lie: Fall is around the corner. At least at night there is a new freshness in the air, that tells me, Fall is indeed not that far away.
Getting Ready for Halloween
Over the last two years, we’ve done lots of Halloween crafts: pumpkin templates, Halloween costume ideas and designs, several Halloween coloring pages, ghost garlands and lots more. (CLICK link to find ‘m).
What I have featured too much of here is kids craft for Halloween. But, as I have been asked, I decided to do some toilet paper roll or other roll craft, and set you all up to make a bunch of adorable witches, which you can fill up with candy. Then, on Halloween eve, hand them out as Trick- or-treats.
Happy Pink Halloween Witch
with Feet Dangling on a Ledge
The little Witch, sitting Happily on a Table top
Cute from all angles.
Fun Halloween Craft: Now go make it!
- toilet paper roll / other small roll
- this free Friendly Halloween Witch template (sign up for our newsletter to have it emailed to you. (existing sub
- a printer to print the template
- Kid scissors Kids Scissors (Classroom Pack, anyone?)
Kush=grip scissors handles mean extra comfort + cutting control for small hands. One serrated and one sharp blade provide excellent cutting on all types of material, including sheet rubber, vinyl, and adhesive-backed papers. Durable.
- Elmer’s Glue – all purpose, non toxic, comes in all size containers
- Children’s coloring markers, such as Crayola Classic Washable Markers
Note for Mom’s, Playgroup & School Teachers:
Crayola class-pack color markers can be purchased open stock. Replenish missing and dried out markers to make your sets complete again for the upcoming year: an economical way to buy markers for an entire classroom.
The cardboard box is also an easy way to store markers, to sort them out after class, and to see which colors are missing. Class packs contain a total of 200 Broad tip markers packed in a sturdy cardboard box.
- First, sign up for your newsletter and confirm you are you. In response, you will receive this template & many other great craft projects by email.
- Then, print the free online template of our friendly witch.
- Color the elements on the template as you wish. Be sure to put in some black, white, red, orange, or purple as they are classic Halloween colors. However, you can sure add pink or blue if these are your favorite colors.
- Cut out the pieces of the template.
- Glue black or purple tissue paper over the toilet paper roll to make the body.
- Add glue or sticky tape to the head, arms and feet and paste the pieces onto the body.
- Use glue or sticky tape to place the broom in the hands of the witch.
- Tip:Depending on the thickness of the paper used, I’d like to glue the colored pieces first on some thin cardboard for extra strength.
Free Craft Template
Fit to page, when printing.
These are just some details of the full template.
Sign up with our mailing list, and get the whole template free.
Drawing Wizards, Witches and Warlocks (Academy of Fantasy Art)
Fantasy is an endlessly enduring genre that has been recently popularized by such beloved books as The Lord of the Rings , The Chronicles of Narnia , and the Harry Potter series. Acclaimed artist Christopher Hart leads readers into this marvelous realm, where aspiring illustrators can go as far as their imaginations allow. With Hart’s guidance, they’ll learn how to create an entire cast of fascinating fantasy figures, from masters of sorcery who summon spirits and battle evil forces to dreaded creatures of darkness, such as ogres, cyclops, trolls, and goblins. An entire coven of witches range from classic hags to spell-binding, spell-casting teens, devilishly handsome warlocks, dragons, avenging angels, and more. Hart explains how to capture these characters’ strange forms, costumes, expressions, and action poses, as well as the magical effects that make them so extraordinary. With hundreds of step-by-step drawings, expert art instruction, and visual hints, Drawing Wizards, Witches and Warlocks is a crash course that will educate and inspire fans of all levels. Author — Christopher Hart. Paperback. 144 pages. 8½” × 11”.