Here is a great bag design contest: ….. Cost Plus World Market is looking for a unique and inspired design for their next eco-friendly, reusable tote bag!
Be creative and win $1000 worth, …. plus enjoy that fame, baby!
The winning tote bag will be featured as a limited-edition item at all the World Market stores during their Discovery Days event in February 2010.
The grand prize of this contest is a $1,000 World Market Gift Card and 25 tote bags with the winning design.
It’s easy to enter….
CONTEST NOW CLOSED.
click on the link ‘Design a Tote’ to get started. Follow the directions provided to download a tote bag template. Using the template provided, design a tote bag containing the World Market logo provided on the Website. There is a photo gallery with other people’s designs for inspiration.
1. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
2. The contest, which started July 12, and will run till August 31, 11:59 p.m. ET. It is open to legal residents of the US of 18 years and over. – Cost Plus employees & relies excluded.
3. Tote bags must contain the World Market logo to be considered. Trim and handles must be solid color.
4a. To enter the contest online, visit the Website and follow the directions provided to upload your tote bag design, and submit. Entry must be in JPG format and no larger than 3 MB.
4b. To enter the contest by mail: On a 3" x 5" piece of paper, hand-print your name, complete address, telephone number (including area code), date of birth and email address (optional), include a copy of your design and mail it in an envelope with proper postage affixed to: World Market Design a Bag Contest, P.O. Box 807, Culver City, CA 90232-0807. Entries that are submitted by mail must fall within the template specifications. All mail-in Entries must be postmarked by 8/31/09 and received by 9/8/09 to be considered. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
5. The contest sponsor grants to eligible entrants a limited, revocable, non-sub-licensable, license to use the World Market logo provided on the Website for the sole purpose of creating and submitting an Entry for review and assessment in this Contest and entrants may make no further use whatsoever of the World Market logo or the Entry for any purpose whatsoever.
6. In addition, entrant recognizes all of the right, title, and interest in the World Market logo as well as all derivative works created using the World Market logo (including the Contest Entry) shall vest exclusively to the Sponsor, and entrant must not take and agrees not to take any action that might harm or adversely affect such rights. No right, title, or interest in and to the Cost Plus World Market logo except for the limited license granted to entrant in these Official Rules is transferred or created.
REQUIREMENTS OF ENTRIES:
Entry may not contain, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, any content that:
- is sexually explicit or suggestive; unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic; contains nudity;
- promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- is obscene or offensive; endorses any form of hate or hate group;
- appears to duplicate any other submitted Entries;
- defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
- contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others (except that of Cost Plus World Market), without permission;
- contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media), without permission;
- contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, or other indicia identifying any person, including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead, without permission;
- contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead;
- communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and/or
- violates any law.
THE LOGO: A MUST. Entry must contain the World Market logo, be the original work of the entrant, may not have been previously published, may not have won previous awards, and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity.
JUDGING: All eligible Entries received by Sponsor will be judged by a panel of qualified judges based equally on the following criteria: Originality, Creativity and Representation of the World Market brand and feel. The Entry with the highest score will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner.
WINNER NOTIFICATION: Judges’ and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Potential winner will be notified by telephone, mail and/or email and will be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor, which must be returned within 7 days of date appearing on prize notification.
Prize (1): A $1,000 World Market gift card and 25 tote bags with winner’s design on it. Winner’s tote bag design may also be distributed at select World Market locations.
Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") is $1,125.00. Tote bag design manufactured may vary in some respects from actual design submitted in Entry. Nature of reproduction and distribution, quantities, channels and methods will be at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner will receive no additional compensation or royalty and no approval will be required with respect to the design and distribution of the design on the tote bags.