Thanksgiving is a special time of the year. It truly is America’s most treasured homecoming. Planning Thanksgiving is half the fun. That’s why today, I want to share with you a few tutorials for some classic Thanksgiving decorations that you can do well in advance of the big weekend. Have fun with these Thanksgiving crafts for kids activities with your own kids, a niece or nephew, or a classroom full of children.
Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids
Here are some ideas for Thanksgiving crafts for smaller kids, to both plan ahead and get in that festive mood.
What’s on your crafts menu? Let’s make a Thanksgiving turkey!!
Make a Thanksgiving Turkey: How to Instructions
- Here’s a turkey that you can make using hand and feet. Use your feet to make the body, and your hands to make the body & the feathers, like so…:
- 1. Help kids trace hands onto lighter colored craft paper.
- 2. Cut out hand. This paper hand becomes a template for the other hands.
- 3. Overlay the paper hand template onto other colored craft paper and make 6 hands in total per child.
- 4. Take of shoe and trace both feet onto darker colored craft paper. Cut out the feet and glue the heels onto each other, slightly spreading out the toes area, just as in the picture.
- 5. From colored craft paper, or use colored markers onto white paper, to make the feet, nose and eyes of the turkey.
- 6. Glue it all together.
- A bit more advanced:
- 7. Use glitter glue, markers and other type of decoration materials to embellish the feathers of the turkey.
Now, decorate the classroom, or your kitchen with these delightfully bright turkeys. Have fun!
This thanksgiving craft is fun for preschool, kindergarten and early elementary school. The older the kids, the less help and supervision they will need, and the shorter the project time required.
More Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids
However, there will be a few more Thanksgiving activities upcoming on FineCraftGuild.com. Stay tuned!