Last week, Owl week. This week, ‘Mother’s Day Gifts’ week. I’ll post one or more personalized DIY gift projects every day, with some free Mothers Day Printables and all that good stuff. Friday will be the grand finale with 101 Mothers’ Day Gift Ideas – a free eBook, with links to all ‘secret’ mom’s day projects that are ‘hidden’ on this blog, as well as some of the better ones that I’ve found in blog-land. You’ll love it. So, if you are here during the week, be sure to head back here this Friday for the free eBook. And yes, we’ll also have our creative community linky party again on Wednesday.
DAY 1 of “MOTHER’S DAY GIFTS”-WEEK: Make her a Scarf.
(or print her the pattern and give it to Mom with some of this pretty yarn.)
This ribbon yarn does all the ruffling work for you. So easy and fast to knit. This scarf a perfectly light fashion accessory to throw around on a cool Spring morning, or to add some elegance to your office sweater for evening dinner.
There are really 2 sizes in this scarf pattern: 62” + 38”. The base instructions are for the scarf measuring 4” x 62”, while the 38” scarf is detailed in parentheses (6” X 38”).
Get Your Copy of this Free Scarf Knitting Pattern
To obtain your copy of this free pattern, sign up for our newsletter. You can do so at the top right of this page. The pattern is included in our library of free patterns and downloadables, which you will receive after you complete your sign-up.
(Tips: Click the link in confirmation email, wait 2-3 minutes (up to 1 hr) for your mail server to clear. Check both your inbox + junk mail box. Sign up from a regular home computer rather than from work where your company’s firewall may prohibit you from receiving automatic responders. I’m old fashioned when it comes to manners. ‘Please and thank you’ work well in any communication with me. Please address me with Rose rather than ‘Hey’, and I’ll be in Happyland.)
Image Credit / Pattern by: Red Heart Design Team
Other Scarf Patterns & Tips
- Spring Rose Shawl (free pattern)
- Infinity Scarf Pattern (& other designs in free eBook)
- Finger Knitting Directions and Finger Knitting Projects/a>
- Kaleidoscope Scarf Crochet Pattern- great project to make from left-over yarn.
- Scarlet Crochet Flower Scarf (a La Anthropologie) (free pattern)
- Free Infinity Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Swirly Scarf Super-easy & Super-fast Knitting Pattern (1 skein wonder)
- Infinity Shawls, Beanies & More – Free Knitting eBook (see image)
- Hoodie Scarf Crochet Pattern (super-simple, using thick yarn)
- Lace Scarf Knitting Pattern (delicate triangle scarf)
- Infinity Scarf Crochet Pattern (nice open-weave fantasy stitch. Works up fast)
- Scarlet Scarf with oversized flowers :: Free Crochet Pattern
- Easy DIY Wrap Scarf (Nothing to knit. Fold and Go!)
- How to Felt Scarves
- Flirty Flowers Shawls (Triangular )
- Anthropologie Inspired Tuxedo Scarf Pattern