2013 is my year or doing things in series. Here’s yet another series… of sweater dresses. While Spring is already in my mind, it sure is still chilly out there. If I read the newspaper, snowstorms and freezing temperatures still soar. We need to stay warm. Therefore, I’m going to share my new fashion obsession: sweater dresses. In a series.
Sweater dresses are comfy, thick. and leisurely, but can be dressed up too. They are hip. They are trendy. And well, I think they might be around for quite some time longer… So, time to make our own sweater dress is now.
This is the second of my ‘I have some sweater dresses for you’ – series. It’s like a mini dress. You get to hand knit this dress rather than buy it.
The free knitting pattern suggests that you use 9 strands of yarn simultaneously. I love the color combinations and the bigger stitches that it produces. Each stitch is about 1” wide, so it will be done in no time!
The recommended yarn, Wool-Ease, is a versatile 4-ply worsted-weight yarn. 20% wool means it has the feel, warmth and softness of wool. It’s combined with 80% acrylic giving it easy care of machine wash- and dry-ability.
This is what you’ll need:
- 4 skeins of 620-129 Wool-Ease Yarn: Cocoa
- 2 skeins of 620-403 Wool-Ease Yarn: Mushroom
- 2 skeins of 620-126 Wool-Ease Yarn: Chocolate Brown
- 2 skeins of 620-153 Wool-Ease Yarn: Black
- 4 skeins of 910-126 Mircospun Yarn: Coffee (currently n/a, so substitute with Vanna’s Choice: Chocolate)
- 2 skeins of 910-124 Mircospun Yarn: Mocha (currently n/a, so substitute with Vanna’s Choice – Driftwood )
- 2 skeins of 910-150 Mircospun Yarn: Sterling (currently n/a, so substitute with Lion brand: Vanna’s Sterling)
- Lion Brand Knitting Needles Lion Brand Speed Stix – Size 50 [25 mm]
Free Sweater Dress Knitting Pattern
To get your free knitting pattern, click here.
- Other Sweater Dresses: the Hermès Sweater Dress (fab knitting pattern)
- All: Dresses (womens,girls,knit,crochet, sew, mini, maxi,etc.)
- Crochet Patterns
- Knitting Patterns
- Sewing Patterns
:: Also see: