“One More Coffee for the Road?” my husband asked as I post this opcje binarne strategie 5 minut tutorial for reusable (Starbucks) coffee cup cozies! He just confirmed the usefulness of this craft project.
Making a coffee cup cuff, holder, sleeve or cozy – whatever you like to call it – is simple to do and a delight to have. Meanwhile, Mother Nature will thank you daily as you minimize your garbage by avoiding the store-supplied cardboard coffee cup sleeves.
Handmade coffee cup sleeves are also really cool! The sky is the limit when it comes to patterned fabrics and crafty bejewelling. Keep in mind, however, that your cozy must be easily washable, fold-able and portable, so don’t go overboard on the doodling.
http://hargapintugarasi.com/bireu/6101 So …, if you wonder what to do for a whole afternoon at the beach, while the kids play in the sand?
source site Create a unique Starbucks coffee holder.
It’s a hand-made gift that you can give year round or get ready early for Christmas?? How is that for planning and ‘starting early’…??!!
This easy craft project is ideal for the beach. Of course, if you make plain, standard versions, they are made much faster with a sewing machine (within 15 minutes).
However, you can capitalize on the fact that the beach (or in your garden) and enjoy the extra available time and let those fantastically time-consuming embellishments beckon you: mono grams, bejeweled edges, …
Cool Coffee Cup Cuffs
There are plenty samples of interesting coffee cup cozies online. Many have the same basic design, but fabrics, findings and details vary.
NEW: I just designed this supercute crochet coffee cup cozy, which pattern you can purchase online. Superfast to make a couple, and flexible to accommodate quite a few coffee cup shapes and sizes, and even will hold your ice teas as well (wink).
PinkGasoline presents sets of them monogrammed to suit an entire wedding party.
Gifts2Give dollies them up with corset ribbons, and the prior’The Cozy Corset Cuff’-shop at Etsy used to make them reversible as well as adjustable with ribbons.
Others focus on fabulous fabrics. Have a look at these:
Note the coffee cup cuff on the right by SoSheSews. I love it. This faux-leather material is actually fused recycled plastic grocery bags, stitched up with fun text (Whip it up, baby! Make it for meeeee…) and other details. The inner layer is re-purposed cotton sweatshirt material.
Consider these as designs and ideas and notice how the findings all vary. New and vintage buttons, ribbons & ties, … Note that this lacing isn’t just a cute accent, it’s a practical addition that allows our cozies to fit up to a pint of ice cream as well as any cup of coffee, tea, soda, beer–you name it. The felted coffee cup on the top right does not need any findings at all. So … choose felt if you want to make really a easy version of a coffee cup cozy!
Best Design Coffee Cup Cozy
go to link While Valentine corset coffee cup cozy’s are cute, I think that, when all things considered, the key features of the BagelCreations versions of the coffee cup cozy is most practical:
1. It comes with a stretchy elastic band, so that it fits any size paper coffee cup, including non-Starbucks varieties.
2. They fabrics are fun and appropriate (albeit not ‘super wow’. This is why I still want to make my own…)
3. The elastic band goes over the cup holder when not in use, creating a neat fabric roll, which, together with the hook (spot it at the left in the photo) makes a great key chain hanger. This makes that you will actually have the holder with you when needed.
4. The inside is lined with a heat resistant fabric. Also, the holder is about 1.5” taller than the typical paper sleeves from Starbucks.
I love all these features.
They are easily embraced into your own design, using my free online craft template and tutorial, complete with step-by-step suggestions. You can modify the design of this free tutorial any way you like. And I hope that you do!
Free Starbucks Starbucks Coffee Cup Sleeve template
The pattern is really simple, as you can see.
Coffee Cup Holder ~ Craft Preparation
(what to prep before you leave for the beach):
If you are going to make this project by hand, I suggest you prep it at home. What you’ll need (to do) http://www.mentzer-consult.de/?afinoes=bin%C3%A4re-optionen-beste-plattform&7a8=5c before you head out for the beach/vacation location:
- http://devrimcicephe.org/vistawkoe/1338 Forms & Patterns. Keep your brown paper coffee cup sleeve from Starbucks when you get your next cup of coffee there. By golly, keep your empty coffee cup as well. Clean it. The cup will be helpful in positioning your button in the best spot. Now, use the above template to cut your fabrics.
http://uaeauditors.net/?kripar=%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AA%D8%B7%D8%A8%D9%8A%D9%82%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%AE%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B1-%D8%AB%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A6%D9%8A&436=3e Tip: Particularly if you are going to make many cozys (like one for each member of the family for Xmas or for all people in a wedding party) and if you are planning precise details such as an embroidered monogram, I would use the basic template below to make your own, more detailed template, marking all stitches, buttons, hooks, tags, etc. Just measure it all. It is very simple.
- follow url Fabric. Find 2 pretty pieces of pre-washed fabric of about 6" by 12", and a small piece of heat resistant lining such as Insul Bright of the same size. (check out the article I wrote on this craft material .)
- http://www.techhelpnumbers.com/font/4142 Cut. Using my template or your own modified version as a guide, I’d cut the cuff at home. As you can see in my template, I allow an additional 1/2” below the paper sleeve template, an additional 3/4-1” above the paper sleeve, and an extra full 1 for the sides as I’ve cut off the glued bits from the Starbucks sleeve, and as I want some overlap. I’d also allow about 3/4 for a hem on all sides. Before you cut your second piece, … check that you cut one of the layers inside-out and that the patterns all lines up nicely etc.
- http://zspskorcz.pl/pictose/eseit/5968 Layer. When cut, pins the layers together, to prepare for later hand-sewing. If you are going to do embroidery, you might want to bring an embroidery hoop, and wait with layering. It depends on what kind of embroidery.
- Crafty Details. Go through your craft cabinet, and find materials to jazz up your coffee cup holders. Look for bits that match in color and style. Refer to the examples for creative ideas. As you will want to roll up the coffee cup cozy to transport it as a key-chain, don’t go overboard with heavy, large beads. Instead, opt to find some embroidery silk, small beads & buttons, ribbons, and extra bits of fabric to make a decorative tag or fabric flowers.
Don’t forget to choose some elastic band and a matching button, to close the coffee cup wrap. As well, take out ample sewing thread, a needle or 2, scissors, and a kitchen tray (so you won’t loose your iddybits in the sand).
What You’ll Need ~ At the Beach
- pamelor 25 mg para que serve Time. A lavish amount of suntan lotion, ample time and creativity.
- where can i buy lopidine eye drops Chair. The type of beach chair in which you can comfortable hold a tray on your lap.
order naprosyn ec These Starbucks coffeee cup cozy’s are great fun
as Personalized Christmas Gifts or Birthday Presents!!
I’d start with making just 1 sleeve, for myself. I’d let this experience help me lubricate my creative impulses. Then, using all great ideas that came to mind, I’d plan to do another 50 more, probably doing the basic sewing on a sewing machine and the detailing at the beach.
To create the best version of Starbucks coffee cup sleeves, use this craft material: Insul Bright.
||A heat/cold resistant material, specially developed for the craft community to help us make functional items with our crafty endeavors. It’s excellent.
(Check out the article I wrote on this great craft material.)
To create the easiest version of Starbucks coffee cup cozy s, use this craft material: felt. For inexpensive acrylic craft felt, I suggest you buy this acrylic felt by the yard here.
Acrylic Felt for Crafting
|It’s perfect for all fashion and home decorating craft projects. Easy to sew or glue with no raveling edges. Sold by the yard.
Click the rolls of felt image to Buy Now, so you can make something as cute at the below soon:
This wonderful book was just released (March 2011), and I thought you might like it.
Knitted Mug Hugs (Twenty to Make)
tags: Starbucks coffee cup cozy, cup holder, cup sleeve.