How to Make a Spring Mantel that Pops!
Hi ya all! Another week gone. Time just flies! I have been making a thousand things, and having my sister in law over… well, I’ve been busy. (Also: we’ve put on a free quilting course, by Janeen van Niekerk. Take advantage of this course, because I can see it become a paid course one day. Her flowers & animal quilts are so beautiful. She will go very far with this. )
Today’s Feature: How to Create a Spring Mantel
For today’s linky party, I would like to feature Diane from An Extra-ordinary Day. She created this wonderful white and bright Spring mantel. It is just so happy.
Why this mantel works so incredibly well:
- Repetition of color: the lovely color combination of powder blue, reds and greens are repeated over and over.
- Repetition of shapes: the garland of circles is reinforced by the round shapes on the mantel, and the round shapes of the tulips
- Symmetry & Balance: Left and right is exactly even, albeit not the same. Brilliant. The balance top/bottom also works. The pictures are not too high nor too heavy. The garland creates a third layer of visual interest.
- White space: white mantel + white backgrounds in the garland + white vases + white frames and white backgrounds in the prints…. all that white makes the colors POP!
- Modern style elements: this mantel tells a story. It has visual interesting woodworking going on. That plus the vases give a sense of vintage and timelessness. Meanwhile, the garland is ultra-modern, lifting the whole display to … beautifully modern!
That’s how you design a GREAT mantel. You can see why I am featuring Diane this week, right? It’s an inspirational link-up: Simple White Mantel for Spring.
Perhaps because of colors,
I thought to show you these gorgeous crochet picture frames
And now, it’s over to you. Show us what you have been working on this week/ this month / lately / whenever? Anything to share? Tutorials are most welcome. OK. Now, link, link, link!
How to Link Back to the FineCraftGuild
A text link at the bottom of your post, or link somewhere on your blog is perfect. Thank you.
Stay in touch!
- Follow The Fine Craft Guild at GOOGLE+, Facebook or Pinterest
- And/or …
- Sign up for our NEWSLETTER. It brings you a huge list of all fabulous free patterns that I’ve collected over the years. And you’ll get (infrequent) newsletters. And/or…
- Come back to visit the BLOG, Fine Craft Guild. I LOVE TO stay connected with you!
- Be a social butterfly and have fun. See you soon again!