This Shabby Chic dining table DIY leaves you wanting more shabby chic furniture around.
This vintage table reminds of old Italian church floors, tiles in old Spanish colonial kitchens, and other wonderfully-well-worn decor that shows the beautiful patina of time.
How to: Shabby Chic Dining Table DIY
Phases of this Shabby Chic Dining Table DIY, created by Claudine Pender.
Tutorial for this Shabby Chic Dining Table DIY
To create this shabby chic table, it is first painted. Then stenciled. Then distressed. Then waxed, cuddled, and photographed (wink)). I love the interim-result of the contrasting cream-colored stencil pattern on the dining table. But I realize it would be far too busy for practical home decorating. (Unless you have a plain, tidy, monochromatic room).
That’s why Claudine kept working on her vintage dining table. Till it looked like this close-up of her shabby chic stenciled, distressed table
Distressing moved the stencil pattern from contemporary to subtly shabby chic. Like it has always been there…
Besides the stencil design and techniques in Claudine’s furniture makeovers, I like that she uses low VOC paints. It is healthier. I suggest you too use healthier paint. Particularly if you are going to make something for yourself/people who will appreciate your health concerns and will not going paint over it with nasty paint when changing their ‘look’.
P.S. We once owned a round vintage Duncan Phyfe dining table. Same distinct style. Another reason why this project speaks to me. Nostalgia!
This DIY distressed, stenciled table is my feature decor project of last week’s linky party. Claudine recently established a recycled furniture shop in Vancouver, Canada.
She is doing beautiful work at present, which she shares at her blog Restory.ca. Check out the tutorial to make your own shabby chic dining table.
But before you go there, do add your own projects to this week’s linky party. Share what you have made. I’d love to see it. This linky coincides with a grow your Google Plus club -blog hop, designed togrow your Google+ followers. We all need that!
For more projects, check out the tag-links below and associated category pages in the right menu. I realize that I need a shabby chic – tag added, which I will do soon. In the meanwhile, check out these project to bring more shabby chic furniture, fun and furnishings into your home:
- Shabby Chic Wreaths Instructions: made within minutes.
- Shabby Chic Wedding Heart Decorating Idea: Vintage paper hearts. (:permission to use also in your own bedroom. no wedding needed to make these … hint…)
- Shabby Chic Wedding Decorating Ideas: Burlap and Lace (ditto).
- Shabby Chic French Country Lamp : easy DIY, looks great! + check out my list of other fantastic lamps listed there!
- Shabby Chic Bath Mat to DIY: one of my most popular articles.
- DIY Shabby Chic Bedding – A la Anthropologie – free bed cover pattern and tutorial
- DIY Shabby Chic Ruffle Pillowcases – A la Anthropologie – Love them! – romantic French country… oh la la.