Sat on a bench. Read a book. Leaned over my shoulder and saw this: a sweater with DIY sequins elbow patches. Neat, heh?!
1. Cut out a round-cornered rectangle that is about the size of your hands (well, if you have long fingers…).
Seam allowance = 0
2. Put your sweater on and put a pin exactly where your elbow is. Do this on both elbows.
3. Take your sweater back off and hand-sew on the elbow patches. The pins are to be the center of where your patches should be located.
So easy. Hardest part is: finding the sequins fabric.
So, Where to Get Sparkly Sequins Fabric?
European buyers: go here instead.
Tip: Now, don’t worry about spending $16 and cents on a whole yard. THE REST of your yard will come in so handy: as a top for a handmade cocktail, dinner or Christmas dress; as trimming for an other wise boring bag, as a hair band, etc etc. Just browse our blog a little. With nearly 1000 tutorials here, you are bound to find some that suit.
photo credit: a pair and a spare
Other Women Tops
4. Embellished shirt a la Anthopologie tutorial
5. Miu miu copy-cat Lace Womens top tutorial