This display is by Anthropologie. Yes, I know. Soo inspirational.
My local Italian library keeps on giving away old vintage Italian books. Amazing hey!? Some old books are fabulous with a true vintage looks, others looks retro ‘60s / 70s, and others … a bit …mmmm…
So far, I have picked up 7 old vintage books plus a couple of ‘70s books. There are however many more books that the library is currently giving away. Would it not be amazing to get them all and create a display like this.?? That would really be a dream come true, wouldn’t it?!
I love having books around me, and this sure is different from having them stowed away on bookshelves. This looks so festive! Add more gold and silver and you have fabulous, truly original Christmas decorations.
The only difficulty I have with pursuing this books-as-art project is that I will have to ruin the books, making them unreadable thereafter. This, to an avid reader, is a tat hard to swallow. Truth be told however, I hardly read hardcover books anymore. Do you?
What do you think? Is this Anthropologie – style old book display something to pursue this year??
photo credit: Roxie Hutchison (flickr)
More Recycled Book Art Projects
To make the display shown above, you could combine a number of these paper crafts tutorials/ideas/ DIY projects:
- Recycled Paper Pumpkins – whimsical Halloween / Thanksgiving / Fall decorations.
- Vintage wedding guestbook display DIY.
- How to Make a Bag out of a Vintage Book.
- Accordion Folded Paper Vessels (use vintage book pages for this and you’re on to a winner!).
- Vintage Prints of Shells and Fish would make great Book Covers for display in Beach Homes.
- Use vintage book pages for these art journaling techniques.
- Original Handmade Books with Leaves imbedded in the Paper.
- Personalized Desk Calendar Tutorial – tip: Use book pages as backgrounds. Personalize, Embellish!
- Art Quilling and Paper Flowers – by LA artist.
- Scrapbooking with Stamps – great to use old book pages in scrapbooking projects with stamps.
- How to Use a Cricut Machine
- Paper flower Topiary – great if made from old book pages.
- Customized Vintage Cards – Use this online vintage card maker in combination with your old book pages to make fabulous scrapbooking layouts
- How to Cut a Paper Heart Doily
- Toddler Friendship Bracelets – decoupage these TP rolls for extra embellishment
- Handmade card ideas: stamp on vintage paper
- Handmade Books with unique individual prints – fine artist interview
- How to make a fun book cover with butterfly stamps
Anthropologie – Inspiration
- Craft Book of the Month October – Embellish like Anthropologie.
- Anthropologie Christmas Decorations – Felt.
- Anthropologie Kitchen Decorations
- Lace back demin shirt – a la Anthropologie.
- Anthropologie Dress – Video Tutorial – Make this chic dress for the holidays.
- Anthropologie – inspired Ruffle Skirt – tutorial.
- 11 Recycled/upcycled/restyled/refashioned Tshirts a la Anthropologie.
- Mod Anthropologie necklace knockoff.
- DIY Anthropologie Bracelets.
- Anthropologie-inspired Ruffle Pillows.
- Tutorial on how to make a Lace Painted Dresser just like Anthropologie’s.
- Anthropologie Décor ideas : dressers, bedroom furniture and more.
- Anthropologie Ruffle Bedding – free tutorial for variety of their featured duvets.
- Anthropologie for Less: 5 Decorating Craft Ideas.