Blackstrap molasses. It’s one of the best home remedies around. But it takes someone like Shanice Bannis, from City of Creative Dreams, who actually created a morning routine drink with it to get us to look up and look into it. Shanice doesn’t like coffee but still needs an energy boost in the morning. She developed this natural energy-boosting molasses drink. Most blackstrap molasses drinks are made with water and a sprinkle of lemon (for the necessary vitamin C). Shanice, however, transformed that ‘taste challenging’-aspect of typical molasses drinks, into something that, well, I actually might like to try.
Natural Energy-Boosting Molasses Drink
image credit: City of Creative Dreams
Hop over to Shanice’s blog for her recipe for this natural, health-boosting : Molasses Energy Drink Recipe.
* Summary of Blackstrap Molasses Health Benefits
- Good for hair : blackstrap molasses help to rebuild the skin structure that supports healthy hair.
- Rich in iron: needed to carry oxygen to our blood cells.
- Safe sweetener for diabetics: only has a moderate glycemic load, so that this is a good sugar substitute for diabetics, and even weight loss diets.
- High in calcium and magnesium: its mineral ratio of calcium to magnesium is ideal for superior absorption, making blackstrap molasses a perfect aid for bone growth and development and good safeguard against osteoporosis and other bone diseases.
- Laxative & more: can improve bowel movements and its additional mineral content of manganese potassium, vitamin B6 and selenium offer a range of other health benefits, from anti-oxidant, protein and brain support.
Tip: blackstrap molasses is a bit of an acquired taste. Build up slowly so your taste buds and your body gets used to it. Drinking from a straw is a good idea also. Try adding almond milk instead for flavor and additional health benefits.