There may be many infinity scarf patterns, but some are special! Does this infinity scarf pattern not look luxurious? Grande and over-sized, this cowl almost measures the size of an infinity scarf. And it could be worn like a knit hoodie. Great idea for a handmade Christmas Gift for Her. I think it takes just one eve to make.
Knitting Fashion tip: I learned that the latest & hippest name for a circle scarf is no longer a cowl, nor infinity scarf, but a snood. Just so you know. But for now, I’ll just be referring to an infinity scarf pattern.
Infinity Scarf Pattern :: One of many Simple, Free Knitting Patterns
This infinity scarf pattern is not that hard to knit at all. You just have to know how to knit in the round. If you click this link you’ll be brought to a free online class with 3 videos on how to knit in the round. Mystery solved. Yes, YOU can do it also. It’s easy actually.
Best news of the day is that this knit-in-the-round, infinity scarf pattern is a free knitting pattern from Red Heart.
You knit/purl 2-3 rows, and then work in a patterns of 2 knit stitches and 2 or 3 purl stitches.
Repeat, till your work reaches desired height.
Be sure to finish off two rows of knitted stitches, casting off in that last round.
I don’t think there is much more to this infinity scarf pattern than this.
Photo credit | complete info: Redheart.com
Finished Size of Infinity Scarf
Using the recommended yarn 9 stitches give you 4” width. As it is suggested to cast on 90 stitches, your cowl will be 40” all around.
However, what is nice about this kind of knitting project (a scarf) is that it really does not matter that much if you knit loosely or rather tightly, because a cowl / looped infinity scarf of 35” or 45” would be just fine too.
In terms of height, as you want this cowl to become a hoodie too, make sure don’t make your work too short. I’d go for a height of about 12-18”.
If you want to make a cowl with this knit pattern, that is just around your neck, you can cast off at about 8” instead.
Knitting Supplies Needed for this Infinity Scarf Pattern
The pattern is based on Red Heart’s Big & Lite yarn. I have not been able to find this particular yarn online or elsewhere. However, it is a super bulky yarn #6. You will need 3-4 balls yarn for this cowl / infinity scarf knitting pattern.
For this bulky weight yarn, you’ll need circular knitting needles size US15 (10 mm) measuring 32” long.
Knitting tip: this time, do use that STITCH MARKER!
In case you wonder what I am talking about: These things!
Have fun knitting this infinity scarf pattern.
Let me know if you have trouble finding this yarn, and perhaps I can help finding it/equivalent. Comment below. In the meanwhile, I just came across this luxurious yarn made with a cashmere, merino wool & silk-blend, called Queensland Kathmandu Chunky Tweed Wool Silk Cashmere Color 117 Smoke 100g. I think I would like to knit this infinity scarf pattern with this yarn. In Saks Fifth Ave, cowls like this cost several hundred dollars, and so with a little shimmering tag added and made in this quality yarn could really be a quality present for someone special. You?!
Want another Infinity Scarf Pattern?
Free Beautiful Patterns of Scarves, Shawls & Cowls :
These are featured at FineCraftGuild:
- Free Infinity Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Swirly Scarf Super-easy & Super-fast Knitting Pattern (1 skein wonder)
- Infinity Shawls, Beanies & More – Free Knitting eBook (see image)
- Hoodie Scarf Crochet Pattern (super-simple, using thick yarn)
- Lace Scarf Knitting Pattern (delicate triangle scarf)
- Infinity Scarf Crochet Pattern (nice open-weave fantasy stitch. Works up fast)
- Scarlet Scarf with oversized flowers :: Free Crochet Pattern
- Easy DIY Wrap Scarf (Nothing to knit. Fold and Go!)
- How to Felt Scarves
- Flirty Flowers Shawls (Triangular )
- Anthropologie Inspired Tuxedo Scarf Pattern
- How to Weave a Silk Scarf
Easy Knitting Patterns for Infinity Scarves & Other Innovative Scarves
Here is a shortlist of 22 of the prettiest, easiest and most amazing free & easy (infinity) scarf projects available that are not (yet) featured on this blog. You are SURE to find one or more scarves to your liking here. Bookmark this page. You will be glad that you did.
- Infinity Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Free Infinity Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Free Lacy Infinity Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Burgundy Infinity Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Easy Knitting Pattern for Textured Scarf (could be infinity scarf)
- Midnight Goddess – Scarf with Hoodie – knitting Pattern
- 30 Minutes Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Cantaloupe Scarf
- Free Textured Scarf Knitting Patterns – dragon scale design
- Winter Leaves Lace Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Orange Slice Cowl – Infinity Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Lightest Laciest Scarf Ever. Free Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Hoodie Scarf – Easy Scarf Knitting Patterns
- The gorgeous Alison – free, easy scarf knitting pattern
- Free, easy scarf knitting pattern – basketweave stitch
- Beautiful Chakna – free scarf knitting pattern (a bit more intermediate, rather than very easy)
- Seafoam waves – easy, free scarf knitting pattern
- Braided Scarf – Easy Knitting Pattern
- Two hank wonders – easy infinity scarf knitting patterns
- superfast, free & easy scarf knitting pattern in diamond lace – really pretty. can be converted into a throw, if desired