Thursday is the day to come to FineCraftGuild.com to learn how to make a quilt, as that’s our focus for the day. We typically post (free) quilting patterns on the day. We already have a huge library of 30 free quilting workshops here, many of which are taught by expert quilt instructors. To complement these, today, I thought to share with you some further quilting classes I’ve been eyeing lately at Craftsy. Craftsy is one of our site sponsors, and you will find their classes generally of (very) good quality.
Your Favorite Quilt Workshop
Please leave me a comment to tell me what is your favorite quilt workshop. That would be helpful for me also to know that kind of pattern to create or find for you next. Thanks in advance for commenting! I always love hearing from you!
(Note: sponsored post: opinions mine; links affiliates).
14 Online Quilting Courses to progress ~ How to Make a Quilt
- “Help! How Do I Quilt It?”: A Machine-Quilting Manual w/Angela Walters. This is a pretty amazing workshop on how to make a quilt. It shows you machine quilting techniques for 7 different type of projects. Angela’s ideas are really great, leading to professional finishes. See photo to know what I mean. Is that an amazingly beautiful machine quilting pattern or what?! What I like about it, is that you can start with something YOU want to make in mind, and then apply the techniques to YOUR project.
- Four Simple Fabrics, One Amazing Quilt (w/Tiffany Hayes). This is another one of those incredible workshops. When you see these four fabrics, you think nothing of them, other than… boring, perhaps. Now look at this stunning blue/white quilt pattern. Imagine that YOU could make it. Well, you can! And this course is going to show you how.I could describe each of these workshops with an photo and detail, but why not peruse the others on your own. More adventurous that way.
- Quick & Easy Quilting (w/ Eleanor Burns)
- 2015 Craftsy Block of the Month (w/ Jinny Beyer)
- Start Foundation Paper Piecing
- Pinwheels: Piecing With Triangles (w/Gail Kessler)
- Quick Strip Paper Piecing
- Paper-Pieced Stars (w/ Carol Doak)
- Beyond Basic Machine Quilting
- The Secrets of Free-Motion Quilting
- The Machine Embroidery Inspired Quilt
- Pictures to Pixel Quilts
- Big Techniques from Small Scraps
- Hand-Stitched Collage Quilts
I feel these online courses on how to make a quilt complement and further the free online quilting workshops that we have taught here at the Fine Craft Guild. I encourage you to have a look at them, and pick your favorite set of courses. Collectively they will make your personal video library as you will be able to see these online videos over and over again, for life.
Best Price on Fabric
Craftsy is not just the place where I sell my own crochet and knitting patterns. Nor just the place to take excellent online course. It is also a place to find beautiful quilting and other sewing fabric. They often have a sale on ~ like … RIGHT NOW ~!
Click to reveal fabric savings. I have to say that while Craftsy has top quality fabric from many of the lead fabric designers around, I have yet to become friends with their search engine, as I find it sometimes difficult to find a particular fabric fast. Maybe they do this to encourage you to browse their site. Which is quite enjoyable in fact, as all the fabrics are so pretty.
Quilting kits are a great way to get started with quilting as they take the pain out of buying quilting fabric.
Free Online Quilting Workshops
For example, look for the ‘Creative Quilt Backs’ –workshop by Elizabeth Hartman. It teaches you how to create the backs of your quilts as attractive as the fronts mainly by using leftover scraps from the front. This free class has 6 videos in it. It has excellent ratings. And look at this quilt, you can see why!
Check it out, try it out free. And peruse other courses as well; these workshops here are just a few of many. I picked the ones that I thought best.
Next steps in Learning How to Make a Quilt
Pin or bookmark this page for future reference.
Order your courses and fabric.
Start Quilting and…
… Be HAPPY.