Kids Bedroom Idea: Get away with plain kids bedroom furniture when you adorn your girl’s bed with gorgeous quilts like this one.
This darling floral quilt will make a girl sleep like roses. Or rather, sleep with roses.
While baby-cuddly, the free pattern size I have for you is big enough for a twin bed. Which young girl would not be happy with this!?? (tip: if you want to make it for a baby instead, just reduce the pattern size. A baby blanket size is typically 40½˝ x 40½˝, while this twin bed size is 60½˝ x 90½˝.)
It is a sweet and simple quilt pattern that yes, even you can do. It is pieced in horizontal strips, even though the pattern is diagonal. What a trick ~ makes it easy!
The quilt featured is made with fabrics from Riley Blake Song Bird – collection. Note: This link refers to the charm pack of this particular fabric, whereas the pattern suggests you to buy several yards of different color fabric. Both fabric by the yard and charm packs can be used for this quilt.
Another fabric quilting charm set that I love to use for this quilt is Bonnie & Camille VINTAGE MODERN 10" Layer Cake Fabric Quilting Squares Moda 55040LC.
If you are going to buy Riley Fabric by the Yard, then you’ll need:
- White/red dot, tan/red small floral, and pink small floral (piecing) 1 yd. each
- Bright pink floral, red/white floral, pink/white floral, and red floral (piecing) 1 1/8 yds. each
- Tan large floral (piecing, binding) 1 5/8 yds.
- Backing (piece lengthwise) 5 3/4 yds.
- Batting size 70˝ x 100˝
‘Hot of the Press’ – Quilt Pattern
- The baby quilt size of Melissa’s design is currently featured in the October/ November 2012 issue of McCall’s Quick Quilts. If you love quilting and are not yet familiar with this publication, you should definitely have a look. Great idea as a holiday gift for yourself.
More Quilting Patterns