Nope. You haven’t ran out of time yet to make something personal for fathers day this year. Here’s Rose coming to the Rescue.
Last year, one of the Fathers Day projects I (Rose) had in mind was to share a little DAD book with you. It took me until now to finally made one for you, complete with downloadable template to make this a fun & doable Fathersday project for kids.
Here it is. Like it?
(featured baby photo credit: Simona Balint)
To make your own lovely Fathers Day photo album, multi-layered greeting card aka fathers day poetry album, just use the free template and begin. Fill it with photos, add your favorite mementos and/or a fathers day poem. Or, add a stash of blank pages between each letter and transform this template into a handmade note book.
Whatever your final personalization steps will be with this Fathers Day craft template for kids and adults alike, it’s
Sure to make him happy &
Sure to be fun to make.
Our free downloadable DAD Book pattern is here (click the image)
How-to Use this Fathersday Craft Template
2 options: use it to make a 100% handmade version, or with some computer help, a digital version.
For a 100% handmade Fathersday Album:
- Print the template.
- Trace it over thin cardboard and cut it in three parts, along the horizontal lines.
- Cut off the white space on the right side of the letters.
- Now lay the strips on top of each other so it reads ‘Dad’.
- To decorate the template, add recycled wrapping papers, stickers and photos, to both the front and the back of the pages.
- After adding the background paper place all three cards over each other and punch 2-5 holes for binding.
- Bind them with a ribbon in contrasting color, after you’ve added all your photos and things.
For digital scrapbooking craft project:
- do the same using digital scrapbooking materials:
- Make sure you make 2x the scrapbooking page layouts as the number of pages, i.e. 6, for the front and the back of each letter page.
- You can use Photoshop and Illustrator to make your own backgrounds, embellishments and other details, or you can use ready-made digital scrapbooking sets with matching colors, buttons, etc., which will safe you quite a bit of time and which usually brings your creative results a few notches up, as professional scrapbooking designers are talented and spend quite a lot of time and attention to detail to make their sets.
- When done designing your fathers day book, print the pages and assemble.
Finishing Touch for both Dad Album Versions
Sprinkle stardust and love over your book and sign it at the back with your name and the date.
HAPPY FATHERS DAY!