Sometimes Martha Stewart’s craft tutorials are so good, that the best thing I can do is to simply link to it.
Half of Amsterdam is wearing Uggs these days (yes, it’s already Fall here in September!!). So, I thought it would be a good time to feature a tutorial: How to Embellish Your Uggs with an olive branch.
It is essentially very easy:
1. Download and print template.
2. With permanent marker, trace it onto an iron-off stabilizer.
3. Roll up 1″ of foam and wrap with rubber bands; stick foam inside boot.
4. Pin stabilizer to boot and start with felting the branch through stabilizer.
5. Now, felt olives.
6. Pull away leftover stabilizer.
7. Get your iron out and with some muslin over the design, give it some steam. This will relax the fibers.
Source/ More Info:
Video tutorial, Marthastewart.com
What you’ll Need
- Olive branch template
(also: deer 1, deer 2, cedar tree, and snowman templates)
- knit UGG boots
- Iron-off stabilizer
- Rubber bands
- Felting needle
Tip: Uggs are meant to be ‘home wear’ and do not give enough support for long forest walks, etc.
UGG Australia Women’s Classic Cardy Boots Footwear
PS. When Uggs are not yours style, even with Italy-inspired decorations such as this olive branch, then hop over to my knitting section.
Ugg Classic Cardy Boots 2011
Free Boots Knitting Pattern
We feature a free knitting pattern for some very funky and compfy boots. Check it out. If the idea of knit boots (and Uggs are perhaps a bit above budget), have a look at these (way cooler) knitted boots:
Free knitting pattern :: Funky Boots.