We had loads of fun, yesterday! Let me share it with you today.
Yesterday we rallied up the kids in the neighborhood and made Easter Eggs in Chocolates Nests. The kids ages varied from 5 to 11. They all had a lot of fun making these nests (and eating some). So we put the 11 year old girl in charge of the project and off they went smearing chocolate all over the kitchen. Just kidding. They actually were VERY well behaved. There was no screaming, fighting nor smearing chocolate at placed it did not below.
Easter Eggs in Chocolate Nests Recipe Ingredients
What you’ll Need:
1. A pack of shredded Wheaties – you’ll use 4 mini packs of 2 each, meaning 45 g x 8, for 5 plates filled with Easter egg nets.
2. Two chocolate bars of 100 g each, melted au Bain Marie.
3. 25-30 cupcake liners in cheery Easter colors, stripes and polka dots.
4. 2/3 of a stick of butter.
5. 2 packages (read: … LOTS) of Cadbury Mini Eggs.
And … half a dozen of ‘hungry’ kids.
Easter Eggs in Chocolate Nests Recipe Instructions
The recipe is so easy.
1. Melt the chocolate bars in a metal pan. Ideally au-Bain-Marie, but that’s not really necessary, and we didn’t.
2. Stir the golden syrup into the melted chocolate.
3. Put the wheaties in a big bowl, and shred them.
3. Poor the melted chocolate over the cereal and combine well.
5. Set out the cupcake liners onto plates or trays. Place dollops of chocolate covered cereal threads in each cupcake liner. Shape them with a teaspoon into the shape of a nest.
6.Place three chocolate Easter eggs firmly into each nest. Take a photo, mom, before it’s eaten!! Be quick.
(Ok. Rules are there to be broken. Friday is my day to post ‘how to make money blogging’ and Saturday is for ‘recipes’, but today I am swooshing things around to celebrate Easter. Note, on Sunday, we WILL have our SHARE IT SUNDAY LINKY PARTY, so do join us, if even for just a few minutes and show off your great Easter endeavours or other crafts. )