Fun summer recycled crafts project: Quick, Easy and Fun Candle Stick Holder with recycled soda pop bottle. This DIY project at FineCraftGuild.com is written by contributing author Tammy Henderson from OneMoreTimeEvents.com.
Hi Everyone! Today, I thought it would be fun to share a fun project using a recycled carbonated bottle.
While enjoying the rest of the summer outside, we’ve been having quite a few lovely cold beverages. That ranged from ice tea, lemonade or one of these fun carbonated drinks.
I have to admit I was taken by this drink for it’s shape, size, but what I found more interesting is the marble inside the bottle.
Here is the fun part… opening it.
Peel off the seal, lift off the green cap and push down the center to release the opener.
Place the opener onto the the top of the bottle and press down firmly with your palm.
This will open the bottle by dislodging the (marble) stopper, keep pressing for 5 seconds remove the green opener from the bottle and discard.
How to Make a Recycle Bottle Candleholder
After enjoying the beverage this is where the recycled comes to play:
- Wash and Remove the labeling from the bottle.
- Wrap some jute around the top and bottom portion of your bottle.
- Fill with sand and add a candle to make a unique one of a kind Candle Stick Holder.
How to create a Table Centerpiece with your Recycled Bottle Candleholder
Tada. May this picture speak for itself! It builds upon the various vignette layering techniques explained in prior articles. See below.
Here I used the recycled bottle candle holder in a summer nautical Tablescape that I shared over at my blog One More Time Events. But you could also use and decorate it in any theme you desire like maybe for a Christmas Candlestick wrapping it with some silver or gold twine and filling it with some Epson Salt to look like snow.
Tammy enjoys the challenge of reinventing her décor. She’s great at figuring out how to make something out of ‘nothing’. To her, ‘left-overs’ have a purpose. She has an urge to recycle |reuse | revamp | redecorate | remodel. And she does so, creatively, beautifully and naturally. Her works shows her love for decorating.
Tammy is the living proof that decoration with what you have | recycled materials, plus maybe a small budget for craft supplies, can create beautiful results. When you walk through her house and her garden, as displayed in her blog, you see a tastefully decorated place that has personality and a sense of home.
Tammy used to own a retail scrapbooking business and her blog is that ‘One More Time’ love affair with the creative world. While her emphasis at ‘One More Time’ blog is on decorating, at the FineCraftGuild she shares her how-to’s and gives us more than a little peak on how things are put together. And yes, all of these beautiful photos above are all hers!
Glamour DIY Home Decorating Vignettes – series
Become a Home Decorating Pro w Tammy Henderson.
This article by Tammy is part of a series of how-to create great seasonal home decorations on a small budget. Here are some of her other fantastic DIY HOME DECOR articles:
- How to Personalize Back to School Supplies
- How to Hang a Floating Shelf
- DIY Glamour Pineapple Centerpiece (made with Pineapple Scraps & Hydrangeas)
- Stunning Budget Wedding Table Centerpiece
- DIY Summer Vignette w/ Recycled Lemonade Bottles
- DIY Beach Décor Ideas w Fishing Net
- DIY Seashell Centerpieces
- 4th of July Table Centerpiece w/ Recycled Glass
- DIY Natural Table Centerpieces with Hurricanes
- DIY Golf Themed Table Centerpiece
- How to Create a Splendid Spring Vignette with Glass
- How to Make Marbled Eggs Easter Decorations