$595.00 for a Jean-François Mimilla designer bracelet? DIY tutorial here.
This cool pearl and metal loop cuff caught my eye when on break. Understatedly elegant and contemporary.
I followed the link and found only a simpler version with only pearl beads for sale at shopworthwhile.com for $595. I own some very nice jewelry, so I’m OK with things having their price tag, particularly when they come from Paris, but this … no.
Each piece of jewelry comes with it’s own personal handmade box and the pearls are ‘antique’, but that’s a lot to pay extra for gift wrapping. The verdict = gorgeous, but unreasonably expensive. And the step-by-step how-to ‘tutorial’ instructions instantly came to mind….
Free Pearl Bracelet Cuff – Jewelry Making Tutorial
1. Measure your wrist first, so you know the size your cuff should be.
2. Sew 20 strands of freshwater pearl beads onto to piece of stretch fabric.
3. Sew 3 rows of 12 chain loops on top of fabric section.
I’d divide the length 40/60 between the chained fabric and the pearls.
Where to Buy:
For vintage beads, stop by your local Salvation Army and pick up one of those dated multi-stand necklaces.
For very inexpensive new, freshwater pearls, shop here:
Bronze Cultured Pearls $2.19
Silver -plated Chain $1.92
Gray Pearls $1.99 /strand
Indeed. You can make your own for about $10-15. Smile!
Click on any image and be able to browse other colored pearls and different types of chain.
Please DO SHOW ME PICTURES if you make this bracelet.
Learn How to Make Jewelry
- Be sure to check out other jewelry projects, such as:
- Luu Chan Wrap Bracelet – video tutorial – TRENDY
- DIY Jewel Hairsticks – HANDY
- Fabric Collage Necklace – video tutorial – TRENDY
- Gypsy Beads Necklace – pdf – FAMOUS DESIGNER
or 50+ more.