This fun and romantic fairy kids bedroom lighting is another way to .. recycle! Give your old Christmas lights a new use; recycle some plastic party drinking cups; delve into your stash of fabric remnants. Add a bit of fresh glue and you have all you will need to make these gorgeous bedroom lamps.
Quick 1,2,3 How-to Make These Lamps
- Make a Pattern: Roll a cup onto a sheet of paper and trace its track. This way the ‘rectangular’ piece of fabric will get the right curve.
- Glue fabric onto clean clear plastic cups.
- Cut a slit into the bottom of the cup and insert a fairy Christmas light.
- Do this will all the fairy lights in the string. Then: hang up, plug in and enjoy.
Kids Furniture :: Craft Materials Needed
1. Beautiful coordinating fabrics, that matches the kids furniture in your child’s bedroom. If you have no quilt fabric stash to delve into, be certain to check out these beautiful quilting fabrics you can buy. They are really nice, and you can use the remainder of the fabric to make quilted pillows, a bed spread, storage bags and other items to match.
3. Recycled Plastic Cups, cleaned.
4. White paper, pencil (to make pattern)
Ideas for Fairy Lighting Lamp Shade Variations
1. Add a ribbon. There are some amazing ribbons on the market, such as this darling leaf ribbon.
Other Lamps & Lighting Ideas
We feature many be beautiful lamps in our furniture -section here at FineCraftGuild.com. In fact, we offer over 40 lamp articles, many with tutorials on how to make your own lighting. All are inspirational! Be sure to browse around!
top image credit & more info: diy ljusslinga med lampskarmar (Swedish language blog)