So much to do, so little a time?
Here are a 5 New Year’s ideas that cost only 30 minutes or less, and that will spruce up the party!
1. New Year Kid Craft
When the kids are finished making their own, spur them on to offer you some creative party support as these make great guest gadgets/ and party decorations as well. Small versions could be actual personal wine glass tags, for example. The kids will know what to make of them. (image source: makeandtakes.com )
2. Print these Free New Year Party Invitations
It may be a tat late for these, but here are some fun party invites… Perhaps you could them digitally into single invites and you’ve got a winner to invite last minute guests online.
New Year Party Invitation Card Design by Tricia Rennea
3. New Year Party Food & Table Decoration
Treat each guest to a bunch of exactly 12 grapes, to be eaten at midnight (according to Spanish folklore) for good luck in the new year. Eat one grape for each bang of the clock.
Serve them just before midnight.
4. How to Make Noise on New Year’s Eve
This is something you don’t even have to craft, but rather, just to prepare.
We have tons of easy ideas on how to make noise at midnight. Here are some easy ones:
1. Collect all alarm clocks from the house, plus ask guests to bring theirs. The alarm goes of at… midnight.
2. Hang pots on a row in the party room and let guests bang them with some wooden spoons when the moment arrives.
3. Let the little ones jump on air-filled bubbled wrapping paper.
4. Give all guests party whistles or kazoos
5. Fire works
6. Use vintage school or cow bells and ring them
7. Play firework YouTube videos..
and I’m sure you can come up with some of your own.
5. Play with New Year Resolutions
Play a guessing game with your party guests, having each of them answer one of the following questions when they get in the door:
In the new year, I want to
- a. do one good deed, namely:
- b. loose …. pounds
- c. achieve…
- d. spend time with….
- e. make one change, namely:
Make up your own questions to suit the style of your party and your guests.
6. New Year Resolutions Reminder
Free online Tutorial on how to make your own here.
(Note: You probably need more than 30 min to complete this, so perhaps this is best saved for New Year’s day or after).
7. Make a New Year Calendar
If you want to have (or hand out at your party) some practical New Year Calendars, hop over to this how-to tutorial to make your own desk calendar, from recycled materials.
Very fast and really cool project for New Year’s Day to make with the kids, or all by yourself with your scissors and some good music.