This is the season of new beginnings, and new calendars always are the mark of it.
Free Tutorial for a Desk Calendar
1. Undo a classic (new) CD jewel case from its interior trappings.
2. Cut a light-colored piece of paper to size with an exacto knife, and write then first letters of each day of the week. Or you can use stamps or your printer to do this.
3. You can use your computer’s calendar tool to determine the weeks and dates of each month/
4. Embellish the background of the card for each month.
5. Take out the lid of the jewel case and reverse it so it becomes a stand for your desk.
6. Place your month cards in the upright-section of the case,
and there is your personal desk calendar for 2009.
Variations on an Artsy Theme
Alternatively 1: use a thin jewel case, place the current month on top of your deck and keep it closed flat on your desk. It now dubs as a coaster.
Alternative 2: make a year calendar or a week calendar instead of a month calendar.
Alternative 3: make each day a creative day …. if you really love crafting. Actually this is A FABULOUS journal building tool. You can record your day’s objectives, add affirmations and daily inspirational words. All to keep you on target with what you want to achieve each day of the year.
(This would be a project for someone special)
Project duration: 1-2 hours,
depending on how intricate your scrapbook art is.
My example took half an hour and is 100% made with recycled materials (except the Elmers glue). It’s actually now embellished with some Valentine bookmarks, a project I will write about in the next few weeks.