Day 5 of Strawberry Crafts Week: chocolate covered strawberries. Not just yummy, but beautiful.
I’m not born in the US, but the Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. Maybe because it is in summer. Or maybe because it is a great excuse for a party and people seem carefree and liberated.
To make these amazing chocolate covered strawberries you’ll need
- 16 oz. white chocolate (chips)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 pound fresh strawberries with leaves
- bright blue colored sugar sprinkles (fine sugar with blue food coloring)
- a pack of toothpicks or equivalent
- sift or equivalent object that allows the strawberries to be pinned into. Alternatively place your 4th of July party treats onto wax paper.
Directions How to Make these 4th of July party treats
- Prepare a dipping bowl with blue sugar.
- Melt the chocolate and shortening in a double boiler until smooth. Keep stirring.
- Stick toothpick in each strawberry to dip the strawberries into the chocolate mixture.
- Gently dip just the bottom of each strawberry into the blue sugar bowl.
- Turn the strawberries upside down to insert their toothpicks in an upside down sift or equivalent tool to allow the chocolate to cool for a few minutes.
Today I’m sharing a beautiful party treat, that just takes minutes to make, and that are best eaten on the day. I am giving the recipe to you a month early, so you can order your ingredients and have enough time to make a trial batch or two so you will get your chocolate and sprinkle coverage just right..
Strawberry Crafts Schedule
- DAY 1 OF STRAWBERRY CRAFT WEEK: Strawberry Earrings
- DAY 2 OF STRAWBERRY CRAFT WEEK: Strawberry Crochet + Knitting Patterns
- DAY 3 OF STRAWBERRY CRAFT WEEK: Dress Yourself in .. Strawberry Nail Art.. and .. Strawberry Hair Pins
- DAY 4 OF STRAWBERRY CRAFT WEEK: Strawberry Sewing Pattern
- DAY 5 OF STRAWBERRY CRAFT WEEK: Chocolate Covered Strawberries – Recipe