:: This free video sewing tutorial on ‘How to Hand-roll Fabric Edges’ is a Bina Wrap Pattern Supplement. Following the video is our FALL FASHION LINKY PARTY ::
One of my darling readers wrote ….
She suggested to add this free video tutorial by Hermes.com to our free sewing pattern for Bina Wrap cardigans and other garments like this. The sheer tunic dress that I made recently could also be finished this way. Rolling the edges gives a beautiful and professional handmade flair to your fashion.
Free Sewing Technique Video Tutorial
How to Roll Silk Edges ~ A Bina Wrap Pattern Supplement ~
Sewing Tips for Rolling Edges
- As you can see in this very simple video, your main ingredient in doing this is patience. It will take time and precise stitches to get a professional result.
- Pre-roll the fabric so that it roll smoothly. Pin the fabric into the desired rolled-edge width before starting to sew.
- Move your pins (and your guiding paperclips!) as you progress.
- Be ultra-finicky with the corners. Note how the seamstress completes the entire side, before turning the corner, by 90 degrees. Your attention to detail will make a difference in the overall look of your handmade scarf, Bina wrap or other hand-rolled garment edge.
Bina Wrap Pattern
I previously wrote the free Bina Wrap sewing pattern in two long posts:
1) my initial Bina Wrap pattern – womens cardigan sewing instructions
2) Q&A and further sewing instructions to make your own Bina Wrap cardigan.
This page would be part 3) How to finish your Bina Wrap with professional rolled edges.
ps. If you like this page and Bina Wrap tutorial, do me and your friends a favor: share + pin! Thank you so much!