Here is an exclusive by quilt designer Janeen van Niekerk that will just thrill you and yours. Look at these amazingly cute and beautiful paper piecing blocks to make Fall or Halloween quilts. It’s the ultimate in Halloween crafts! What is particularly nice about this set of Halloween quilt blocks, is that they say ‘Happy Halloween’ (instead of ’Scary gruesome Halloween’). I like that.
How to Design Your Own Halloween Quilts
I have grouped together 6 Halloween blocks for you to design your own Halloween quilts. I suggest to quilt table runners with them. But of course they could be worked into larger seasonal throw blankets. if you’d enlarged one of the Halloween blocks and grouped the other Halloween blocks around it, you get an entirely different design.
They would also be adorable as seasonal quilted table placemats, all with different Halloween quilt blocks.
Which Halloween block is your favorite?
(Leave me a comment below!!)
To make a Halloween Quilt as Table Runner in the way I have put them together here, you will need the following patterns:
(2016-2017 updates: some older patterns have been updated, as per below)
- Halloween Quilts – Owl Block Pattern
- Fall Quilts – Apple Block Pattern
- Fall Quilts – Sunflower Block Pattern
- Halloween Quilts– Ghost Block Pattern – no longer available but replaced with a much cuter ghost (click the link to find the new design), and have a look here for all kinds of other ghost patterns.
- Original Halloween Quilts Haunted House Block Pattern is replaced with this really nice art quilt here of an elaborate haunted house with a cat included!
- Halloween Quilts – Pumpkin Block Pattern – check out the two extra ones posted there as well. I •• adore ** the pumpkin with the black cat design!
This is just a small set of quilt blocks. Janeen has quite a few quilt blocks that could be made into larger Halloween quilts, in many shapes or forms. So don’t just pick these six. Have a look at her other beautiful and original paper piecing quilt patterns in Janeen’s pattern store . It’s quite dazzling! Most designs are just a few dollars each.