You know me, I am ‘Researcher Extra-ordinaire’ when to comes to finding eco-friendly and / or low-cost| free resources online for our creative projects. If you want to do a bit of sewing for the holidays, here are 20 very popular and really awesome free sewing patterns for the holidays, none of which I have shown before here at the FineCraftGuild.
Some patterns make great gifts while others might result in your Christmas party outfit. Go figure. Have a look at these bags, dresses, hoodies, kids & baby items and holiday décor ideas. These free sewing patterns are beautiful.
TOP 20 FREE SEWING PATTERNS
Links for all the free sewing patterns are below:
Free Sewing Patterns for the Holidays for Awesome Bags, Hats, Dresses and Home Décor Projects
(These are Craftsy affiliate links toe beautiful, easy and so-doable projects, which at the time of this writing, are 100% free!)
Free Bag Sewing Patterns
1. Travel Jewelry Case – great for when you are travelling but also to put your summer jewelry away in winter, in a safe and stylish way.
2. Travel Craft & Sewing Bag – this is so useful, it makes me cringe that I did not make this before. Versatile and of course useful beyond craft and sewing as well. It’s an all around practical caddy! Love this. And now it is do-able for you to make one too,
3. Shark Pencil Case – fun for kids and shark lovers.
4. Phoebe Bag – which kid would not like this? Finally an opportunity to sew for boys…
5. Reindeer Candy Cane Holder – 2 min sewing and crafting and you get yourself one of these. So adorable and unique way of giving candy for Christmas.
6. Cosmetic Bag and Brush Roll – this is what I need. All the make-up bags I own either are one or the other. This one will fit all my stuff. Amazing this is a free pattern, really.
Free Clothing Sewing Patterns
1. Cute Kids Apron with Romantic Lace Pockets 12m – 5T – good for kitchen help, good for pretend cooking, good for crafting and making a mess. Great idea to attach an apron to a skirt! Brilliant in fact.
2. Best Baby Burp Cloth – nuf said.
3. Hooded Cap – another great unisex pattern that will be so useful this winter. If your coat does not have a hoodie, this pattern solves the problem for you. When it is cold and wet outside, you’ll be glad that you’ve sewn a couple of these.
4. Mother & Daughter Apron Pattern – this pattern wins the prize for cuteness. Adorable.
5. Free Easy Baby Summer Dress Pattern – can be worn in winter with complementary layers of clothing
6. Free Wrap Dress Pattern – I own this dress and it’s fabulous. I have one for my mom too, as the pattern is timeless, really. Young and old can wear it.
Free Home Décor Sewing Patterns
1. Vintage Bunting – beautifully embellished. Hard to see in the photo, but the detailing ideas are really nice.
2. Christmas Stocking – we always could use another pattern.
3. Adorable Stocking Advert Calendar – it’a a match!
4. Easy Christmas Stocking – it’s another match.
All image credit goes to the generous makers of these patterns. Follow the links for details.
PS. I realize that today is quilting day… I felt you have probably enough projects on the go. I will give you 20 free quilting patterns for the holiday next week if you wish. Or tomorrow?? Let me know what you’re hoping for.