God is generous. That’s what I’m thinking when friendly folks with fashion drafting skills share freely, and give us a gorgeous skirt design from Anthropologie. (So, I’m thrilled that Shams from ‘Communing with Fabric’ has come into existence in the world in San Francisco, and has been ever-so-kind to draft this Anthropologie skirt and offers us detailed sewing instructions, pattern and all.
Pretty as a picture:
Back of the skirt:
Anthropologie Cascading Ruffle Skirt
If you love this skirt, then here is your free Anthropologie skirt pattern. Sham drafted this Anthropologie ruffle skirt in response to a request by her friend Rachel. And now Sham is sharing it WITH US. Sure you are happy too.
To create this skirt, you start with an A-line skirt that fits you. You get to trace both skirt front and back. Then, draw in the design lines, which divides the skirt front into 3 sections: a front top, front left and front right section. Now cut your pattern front into these 3 sections (so that you can sew in your cascading ruffle between the left/right sections, and hanging from the top section. Easy enough. She shows you in lots of detail.
Give it a go
Show me your cascading ruffle skirt
when you’re done!
Skirt Sewing Patterns & Designs
- Gorgeous Holiday Wear / Party Dresses. If you order one TODAY, you can still get it for XMAS; and possibly even with ‘free shipping’. (see left image)
- Free Ruffle Dress Pattern (great for the holidays ~ see image with black & yellow dress)
- Another Free Pattern for an Anthropologie Ruffle Skirt
- Complete Embellishing: Techniques & Projects a la Anthropologie
- Back-to-school Pleated Skirt
- Simple Skirt Sewing Pattern
- Desigual Clothing
- Shirt Skirt Pattern
- Belly Dancer Dress