Recall our collection of fantastic advent calendars? I just came across one more that I really like. It’s because of the glorious scrapbook embellishments that Andrea from the “Modern, yet Old-Fashioned’-blog added.
Look at this calendar! This is the work of a scrapbook Pro!
Yet,…. this advent calendar is super-easy to make! And of course, this is exactly, why I am writing about it: giving you the secrets to successful scrapbook your own advent calendar this year.
Craft Supplies Needed
- 24 cup muffin pan
- Magnet Sheet
- Scrapbook Paper, in coordinating colors and patterns
- Pack of Number Stickers
- Scrapbook Embellishments. Look for snowflakes, ribbons, foam pieces that match your scrapbooking theme, colors and pattern.
- Scrapbook Glue
- An evening worth of time
for Muffin Pan Advent Calendars
- Cut the magnet sheets into 2.25” squares
- Cut out 2.25” squares from pretty paper
- Lay them out onto your advent calendar till you like how they group together, and then glue them onto the magnets.
- Now, add the numbers.
- Add layers and layers of embellishments till your calendar feels ‘perfectly ready for Christmas’.
- Fill each cubby hole with some goodies, tiny toys, sweet sayings, a Christmas ‘to-do’, or whatever your holiday heart desires.
- Hang it up and enjoy the Christmas Countdown.
How to make this into a house-shaped advent Calendar? It’s easy. Simply cut a triangular piece of cardboard to make a roof. Glue on coordinating scrapbooking pattern and attach to the muffin pan with a magnetic strip at the bottom of the roof. If you wish, you can make the top triangular sides red, the bulk of the triangular the same color as your pan and place a cute top floor window in the center of it, perhaps with a cute ‘Merry Christmas’ phrase attached to the advent calendar house facade.
Source | image credit: Modern, yet Old-fashioned
Cutest Advent Calendars for Purchase
Have no time to make an advent calendar, but want nonetheless something cute? Browse any of the calendars here at the Land of Nod. They have eight advent calendars right now, with this one being the cutest in my personal opinion…
While you shop at The Land of Nod -site, have a look at their gorgeous Christmas gifts also. Besides having beautiful, unique and personalized gift items, they also heavenly subsidize their furniture shipping cost.
Creative Advent Calendar
This one is perfect for when you have no kids in the house who are hungry for candy and presents, but for when you nonetheless would like to have some count-down cuteness in the house.
This metal-based Christmas Advent Calendar measures 12″. The glass blob is held with a magnet. So clever. It’s rustic, it’s vintage, and at the same time it’s contemporary. Love it! And at $18.99, it’s rather inexpensive.