Popular last year and still on the runway for Louis Vuitton, the shirt – skirt is a stayer. A Louis Vuitton-label sewn on at the inside will cost you a tat, however, you could easily refashion your own clothing to make shirt skirts. FashionIndie tells me they’re expensive fashion items that are likely to stay around for a while.
Pattern = HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN SHIRT SKIRT
- Tip: a solid shirt is easiest, as you’ll avoid crooked stripes
- You’ll need a shirt, needle/thread, and elastic thread.
- Cut the shirt according to the desired length (stitch elastic at the top),
- sew the arms together to serve as a belt/sash, and …
- throw on some belt loops!
Really, it’s that easy!”
|Louis Vuitton Spring Fashion||Fashion Indie’s DYI idea|
image credit: louis vuitton & fashionindie.com/diy-the-shirt-skirt/
You could use fabric as thick as demin jeans, however, I think this skirt shirt fashion item works best when made from this cotton.
As well, I would wear this as a short skirt, just not a mini skirt, unless you’d wear long shorts under them, as per Louis Vuitton’s fashion.
tag: free skirt pattern, refashioning a shirt into a skirt, skirt sewing patterns, short skirt pattern
tags: free skirt pattern, How to Refashion Clothing to Make Skirts, refashion your old clothing, refashioning a shirt into a skirt, short skirt pattern, skirt sewing patterns, spring fashion.