:: Bedroom Furniture & Organizing Tips for Small Bedrooms ::
Who has enough space in one’s bedroom? Are we not all looking for bedroom furniture that offer ‘small space’ –solutions (even if our rooms aren’t actually small) ?!
Here are our top 10 small bedroom ideas to make the most of our nest space available, followed by a list of 15 other great ideas. Good for kid bedrooms as well as couple’s bedrooms.
photo credit: sunset.com
Small Bedroom Ideas
1. Add Structural Elements to Your Bedroom that are Functional.
Eg. This upholstered mantelpiece headboard offers both a structural element to a bedroom and is particularly useful in rooms where nightstands do not easily fit.
Bedroom Wallpaper Content Newsflash
We have a $250 raffle for lovely textured designer wallpaper, that you can use for your bedroom or any room. This is a unique opportunity. All you need to do is enter the raffle for a chance to win. There are many options on how to win, ranging from merely liking our FB page, pinning your favorite mood board or tweeting about the contest. Runs till end July 2016: Raffle
2. Personalize Your Bedroom Accessories.
3. Exploit Bed Storage Solutions.
Small rooms look better when they are well-organized.
This lovely DIY project for a bed skirt with Pockets is a perfect point in case. It is both cozy and functional, offering some storage exactly where needed.
A more comprehensive bed storage solution can be found in this elegant, modern design bedroom storage bed. This Queen Bed w/ Drawers has an extensive number of drawers, offering ample storage around the bed. It is also a very attractive bed, in stylish cappuccino-colored wood. All drawers have beveled wood fronts and are accented with brushed nickel hardware. Beautiful, and highly functional.
5. Use Underbed Storage
6. Go with whites.
Yes, white can also be a color and make a small space look bigger. Even though color is fun and add personality to a room, be sure to have ample white wall, white furniture and white decpr objects.
Maintain a calm bedroom atmosphere by :
7. Divide & Conquer!
Another clever tip to make a small bedroom work is to use a room screen or a room divider to store and hide a desk, workout equipment and other such items. Larger plants can be used to divide spaces and hide unsightly furniture behind.
8. Hide Big and Small in Baskets
Use baskets to control bedroom clutter. Baskets come in all sizes and shapes.
9. Add a bench
Benches are ideal for small bedrooms, as they offer both seating and ample storage for blankets and other bulky bedroom items. Click here for one of many DIY benches with instructions on this site.
10. Create a tight design theme
If you limit your colors, textures and styles, your bedroom will feel like it is larger and has less clutter in it. It will also feel more designer-ish and luxurious.
Take this this travel-themed kids bedroom for example. Because of the matching sheets, rugs and other room design details, this nautical design room feels luxurious. This lovely furniture-set would work well in a small kids bedroom. Really adorable.
More Organizing Tips for Small Bedrooms
These 10 small bedroom furniture & organizing tips not enough? Well, we actually have more ideas for you. The list continues…
- King Bed with Storage Drawers underneath – DIY plans
- Vintage Ladder Bed Canopy DIY
- 10 Bedroom Dresser Makeovers DIY
- Kids Bed Headboard DIY ideas and tutorials and other Upholstered Headboards that you can make yourself.
- DIY wooden furniture: 50 Woodworking Projects, incl. bedroom projects
- Budget-friendly Decorative Headboards
- Charming chandelier and practical shelving
- A bed that folds into the wall
- Lofted bed with sofa underneath
- Tips from The Inspired Room
- 6 design ideas from iSpaceDesign
- 40 more ideas to make those small rooms look bigger
- How to organize three boys and their belongings in one room